The HVAC Smart Relay Switch (HSRS) is an energy saving device designed to automatically shut off air conditioning or heating when a monitored door or window remains open for a preset period of time. Available in both wired & wireless packages, the system uses compatible door/window sensors – two included. (For additional sensors, see “Related Products” at the bottom of this page.)
For the wireless edition, choose one of the following product generations (see note):
- GEN2 – Includes second generation door/window sensors with standard operating range (100 ft). Requiring two (2) AAA batteries (not included), they are auto-addressable (up to 65,000+ possible IDs) and measure 3.25″ x 1.5″ x 0.5″. Foam mounting tape and screws are supplied.
- GEN3 – Includes third generation (mini-sensors) with higher transmit range (200 ft). They operate on a single 3v lithium coin-cell (included), delivering 3 to 5 years of battery-life. Each is pre-programmed with a unique, permanent address (over 16 million possible IDs) and measure 2.2″ x 1″ x 0.25″. Foam mounting tape is supplied.
- Note: The two product generations are not cross-compatible as they operate on different radio frequencies. Therefore, a 2nd generation controller will not accept a 3rd generation sensor. Nor will a 3rd generation controller recognize a 2nd generation sensor.
The HSRS is fully configurable using onboard DIP switches, allowing you to establish specific operational parameters. For instance, configure the device to temporarily disable the air conditioning or heating system when any door or window has remained open for 10 minutes and then re-enable when the door has remained closed for 1 minute. (Requires installation by a qualified hvac technician.)
- Automatically shuts off air conditioning or heating when a monitored door or window remains open too long
- Accepts wired and/or wireless sensors types – two (2) included. (For additional sensors, see “Related Products” at the bottom of this page.)
- Configurable delay period using onboard DIP switches, up to 10 hours
- Expandable (accepts up to 4 wired zones and/or 8 wireless sensors)
- Ideal for split (central) a/c systems
- Compatible with most existing thermostats
(Note: Installation by a qualified hvac technician is recommended.)
- HSRS controller with mounting flange
- Two (2) door/window sensors. (For additional sensors, see “Related Products” at the bottom of this page.)
- Power converter (24 vac)
- Integrated RF receiver (wireless systems only)
- Antenna + mounting bracket (wireless systems only)
- Coaxial cabling (wireless systems only)
- Though installation is not difficult, a qualified HVAC technician is recommended.
- System includes two (2) door/window sensors. (Additional sensors sold separately.)
- Wireless sensors are battery-operated.